Antique KPM Germany Porcelain Plate, 6 3/4 diameter. The mark on this piece was used between 1840 and 1895.KPM is an acronym for Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur Berlin, which translates to Royal Porcelain Factory in Berlin. The company was founded in 1763 by Frederick II of Prussia, who bought the factory from its previous owner, Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky, in the wake of its bankruptcy. Frederick II greatly admired the factory's "white gold, " a type of porcelain so fine and translucent that it closely mirrored the high-quality porcelain made in China.
He also commissioned many KPM porcelain objects to be made in the. These dishes were used in The Hotel on Burlington Beach (also known as "the Willows Resort") owned by Charles Specht on Flint Lake, Valparaiso, Indiana in the early 1900s. They have been family owned since that time. Additional Photos can be sent on request. We do our best to package and secure all items so they arrive to their new home safely.